Contributers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reflection-Week 8

Risk is one of my all time favorite games. Only when I began playing again in class did I realize my true passion for it. The incorporation of both diplomacy and tact make this game pop off of a two-dimensional board and inject itself into our real lives. Using our class as a setting for an ongoing game made one of my favorite games become all the more real. Secret conversations between diplomats, secrecy, and intrigue were all major players in the way the game unraveled last week. Unfortunately, we haven’t reached a conclusion, so tomorrow (or later today, rather) will be very interesting.

The process of finishing the first analytical essay was a lot less painful than I thought it would be. The real stress came from listening to the entire floor talk about it for hours on end right up until it was due. I found myself avoiding pressing the 6th floor button in the elevator and running from the elevator to my room. While I enjoy helping others, if I had to read about another NEO committee I don’t know what I would have done.

Last week was also very nice because Fall Break allowed us all a chance to take a small breath. Though I spent the long weekend away, I was unable to take a breather because I had a weekend full of catching up with family, friends, and football, the three most important F’s in my life. Even though the weekend is over, I look forward to getting back to the daily grind and working hard to finish our first semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment