Contributers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reflection-Week #7

It was nice to have last week of from class and a structured blog post. While I enjoy our class and our discussions very much (believe me, they make my day most days) it was nice to have a change of pace. This semester, apart from WP, has become monotonous quite quickly.

Considering our “free time” this week, we really used every minute of the time preparing for our project. The simulation was a lot of fun in my eyes. I don’t know about my colleagues, but I really do learn better when we apply the concrete theories into a simulated experience. As much as I want to say that I was able to retain a good bit of the information that we discussed on Thursday, I can’t remember most of what happened. I do remember one question of mine that remained unanswered. During Ford’s fantastic presentation, they mentioned a new effort by Ford to use more recyclable materials in the production of their cars. These recyclable materials include soy-based foam for seats. My question is this: What happens to the growing number of the population of people who want to reduce their impact and purchase a Ford with these new materials but are allergic to soy? I applaud Ford’s (the company, not the representation of them in the simulation) desire to be more environmentally friendly, but I think that allergies must be taken into consideration when new products using natural substances are employed.

I’m looking forward to getting our first analytical essay out of the way. But that’s more something to speak on next week. Hooray for Fall Break. It’s going to be a much needed vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment